Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy First Birthday!! We survived.

It's been a whole year since my sweet baby boy was born. He's one of the most amazing things that's happened in my life. In fact I'm blessed to be his momma.  But I sure didn't think that the night he was born, when the pediatrician told me they suspected Down syndrome. In fact that joy that you feel when your baby is born quickly turned to fear and I cried non-stop for the next few days. Looking back It makes me so mad that I let Satan steal my joy during that special time. It took me longer to bond with Connor but it was only out of fear of the unknown. I was protecting myself from being hurt. I knew nothing about Down syndrome. But man, do I love this baby! I can't stop kissing him. So if I could tell a mommy that is just finding out that their baby has DS. I'd tell them congrats, its gonna be ok. You've just been given an invite to one of the most amazing communities. You're next year will be challenging but worth it all. You will be sad when your friends kids crawl, walk, and eat table foods on time. But you will get to enjoy your baby a little longer. And when they do hit those milestones you will celebrate like you won the lottery. And before you know it, a year has passed. Connor you light up the room with your smile and your zealous love of life. I love that you would rather interact with people then play with toys. Gods got big plans for you, my son. And I can't wait to see what all is in store for you. Happy First Birthday! I love you more then you will ever comprehend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment