Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pray for us tomorrow

I've got a busy morning with Connor tomorrow. We have a Eye Doctor appointment at 10am. at University of Houston Downtown. They specialize in kids with disabilities. This is just a routine exam to have a base line. So I'm not expecting any concerns to arise.

But we are squeezing in an appointment at 8:30a.m. to see our Pediatrician. This came about because of the concern by those that care for Connor at Rise (teacher and therapist). Connor's always had congestion but it has seemed to gotten worst and if you put your hand on his chest and back you could feel the rattling today. Connor's congestion has always bothered me but it has become his norm.  We do have a swallow study set for October 3rd, but his Occupational Therapist (OT) and myself both agreed that we feel like he needed immediate attention regarding the congestion instead of waiting for the test or his 1 year check up. The OT's concern is that he either has Acid Reflux or is Aspirating. Or could it be a milk intolerance? Or could it be his skeletal structure of the mid-face and of the throat area that tends to be rather cramped so that drainage of normal mucous secretions is messed up. When Connor first started Rise the teacher pointed out that when he got up from his nap he seemed good and then after he would eat he would get congested. So, please pray for the Doctor and that she will have wisdom from God when we are talking through this in the morning. And that we can put together a plan that will be perfect for Connor. Pray for me! It really upsets me when I know my baby is struggling and I just want to do the right thing and get him cleared up.

I will also have the Dr. write a prescription to do a sleep study. The teacher noticed that when he sleeps at nap time that he stopped breathing a couple times. This could be due to the congestion. That is at least what I'm praying for. So add that to your prayer list as well.

Oh and I can't believe this little snuggle bunny is turning ONE on Tuesday. Ugh. I look at this picture and I want to run upstairs and squeeze him...LOVE HIM SO MUCH


And I love you sweet family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment